Hello, all. Today I'm going to talk about my fitness.
I definitely consider myself an athlete and pretty fit overall, but I'd love to exercise more. I've been playing basketball, volleyball, and bowling for as long as I remember, plus soccer softball in there. Now, I only play volleyball and basketball.
Normally, I eat very, very unhealthily and I don't work out at home. It kills me. In today's society, it seems like doing the easiest thing is acceptable, regardless of the consequences. But, I'm changing that for myself. I've always noticed how people get weaker and less healthy as they age, and I never want to be like that. I don't want to hobble around and have all these health problems. I noticed that I eat unconsciously, even if I'm not hungry. I overeat consistently, my stomach always hurts, and I feel bleh quite a bit.
So, what am I doing to change that? I'm consciously asking myself if I'm truly hungry or if I'm just bored. I've been doing little exercise-y things, like crunches, pushups, planks, and running. Plus, I'm helping to manage boys' volleyball at my school, so I get to run around and shag balls and play.
I want to work on the quality of what I'm eating, as well. I've been keeping a food diary for the past few weeks (for a different reason), which is making me more conscious of what and how much I'm eating. A few months ago, I would eat fried chicken tenders with ranch and a big ole' chocolate bar every day for lunch. That's awful! Now, I'm bringing a sandwich, crackers, a few cookies, and a piece of candy from home. Honestly, that's not much better, but at least I'm working on it! Plus, it's cheaper. I'd definitely like to start incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my diet. Fun fact: I'm addicted to chocolate. I don't just really, really like it; I get withdrawals. I gave it up for Lent twice, which was really tough, but I did it. That lets me know that I don't absolutely need it for my survival, like it seems right now. :P
But, for now, I'm just working on feeling better and being more active. :) I just want to feel good.
Talk to you tomorrow! Thanks for reading. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment