'Ello today. :) On this fine day, my sister met me to go downtown. We took the train, which is always superfun, but we made it even more eventful. Instead of staying in our crowded car, I decided we would run out of the car at each stop until we got to a less crowded car. Honestly, it was so exciting! I don't know if you know, but train cars have one door at the back and one at the front. Well, at one point, we ran out of the back door and into the next door, only to realize that we were in the exact same car! Priceless. We (or, at least I) cracked up for about 2 straight minutes after that. :D
So, when we got to the town of down, we went on a quest for Topshop. So, many a modern teenager with a smartphone, I typed the shop name into my Maps app and tried to direct my sister and I there. Now, I don't know if you have this problem, but my phone's Maps app is a tad unreliable when it comes to direction. Not, like, turn left on Mainstreet, then right on Michigan. But, like, the direction the GPS thinks you're facing. S0, when I use this app, I need to make sure that I'm actually walking towards the street on which I need to turn. Long story short, we ended up walking in a big circle, only to have to walk for more than another half hour to get to this store.
I'd never been to Topshop before, but I've heard things about it. In my mind, it was expensive, but beautiful. Honestly, it pretty much lived up to my expectations. Sooooooo very expensive, but sooooo lovely, as well. I tried on 2 dresses, a skirt, and 1 pair of gorgeous wedges. We only went to window shop, but I wasn't going to spend $120 on a diamond-y dress that I would never wear, anyway.
I was thinking about it today, and I'm not sure if I understand today's "hip" style. I've always thought, Okay, ugly is in. I thought that all these swanky designers and shops carried ugly shirts, bulky sweaters, horrid shoes, and overalls, because ugly is cute. But, it hit me today that maybe I'm the only one that thinks this stuff is ugly, and everyone else likes it because they actually think it looks good. For example, one trend I don't understand is wearing calf-length socks with heels. To me, it looks very second-grade and strange, especially if the heels are open-toed. Especially if the wearer is also wearing jeans rolled up to almost knee-length. Especially if the wearer is also wearing a chunky, gaudy sweater and chunky jewelery and a bun in her hair. I'm sure some people like this kind of style, but it looks absolutely ridiculous to me. Or, maybe the point is that ugly is cute. Who knows?
Now that I've gone on a mini-rant, I'll just summarize the rest of our adventure. My sister and I took a different train line than we normally do. Plus, we made a transfer, which is new for us. We stopped by this little place called Sacred Grounds Bakery and Cafe. Very wholesome, very pure. I got this teensytiny chicken caesar pasta salad and strawberry basil water. Both were good and rather cheap, which surprised me. I would definitely love to go back there. :) In the end (more like a half hour into all the walking), my feet were (are) killing me and I'm superdeeduper tired. But, what else is new? :P
Alrighty. Talk to you tomorrow, old chumps. ♥
Lol. I think the new fashions are hideous as well. Stop calling me an old chump. Lol. I used to ride the el from end to end.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete