Hey, y'all! Now, those of you who know me in real life may know that I am a generally positive person. I'm always smiling and I keep an optimistic outlook. That's what I'm going to talk about today. :)
I wasn't always like this, nor am I now. Over the years, I've trained myself to see the bright side first. For example, at the very beginning of this school year, I chose to pick out everything I liked about my teachers. Sure, there were things I wasn't used to, but by focusing on the positives first, I was able (and still am) to keep a good attitude towards them and appreciate their different styles of teaching and knowledge.
I get excited about little things that others don't seem to. Personally, I think this is because I find wonder and magic in these little things. Different languages, accents, silly faces, cheesy jokes, goofy dance moves, and passionate people all make me ecstatic! I love that other people can have that effect. Some people say I'm weird or crazy just because I do find wonder in places other people don't, but I say it makes for a happier life.
I make it a point to learn everyone in my classes' names and to talk to them, because I feel like everyone should be included. I go out of my way to help people, because I truly want them to be happy. Yes, this makes me a doormat sometimes, but when people are genuinely happy because of something I did, it's worth it.
So, yes, I've been compared to sunshine, I've been told I never stop smiling, and people say I'm the nicest person they know. It's all from years of conscious practice of being nice and truly caring about people. :)
Have a lovely day. Talk to you tomorrow. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment