Hey, y'all. How was your day today? Mine was rather strange. I don't really want to talk about it on here, but just know 'twas quite the odd day.
UNRELATED:
As I'm sure most of you know, I play volleyball. I definitely don't consider myself to be even near the best, but of course I'd like to improve. I was talking to my friend today, who is also a volleyball player, and he said that beach volleyball can be the best thing you can do in order to get better. That sounded like a really good idea to me, so I thought I'd share the with you. Beach volleyball? Me? Yeah.
UNRELATED:
Have you noticed how much waste we produce? In my AP Environmental Science class (from now on called APES) we just finished a unit on waste management. Remember I told you I finished a project for it yesterday? Well, we had to document how much waste (kitchen trash, plastic, glass, metal, paper, etc.) our family created. While I already knew we generate a lot of garbage, I didn't realize it was this much! Over 11 days, my family (of 3 + 1 dog) generated over 17 pounds of unrecyclable garbage! That's insane. I do recycle and have for quite a while, but 17 pounds? Really?
In APES today, we watched a rather old video - think late '70s - about producing less waste and recycling the waste you do produce. I don't know about you, but I ADORE old '70s-type movies like that. It was this guy with bright yellow hair talking about rinsing out and bagging up our glass 7Up bottles and walking them over to a local recycling center with our families. If that's not adorable, I don't know what is!
So, anywho, I'm going to start really focusing on using the heck out of what I already have and not buying new things unnecessarily. As you may know, if you've read my blog for quite a while, I am very intrigued by minimalism and zero-waste. Now, I'm going to actually apply everything that I've read about the subjects to my actual life! I'm super excited!
So, I'll update y'all on that as it becomes relevant. Thanks for reading. :) Talk to you tomorrow. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment